What ESP Is and How to Increase Your Power of Perception
Extrasensory perception or ESP, also called sixth sense or second sight, is the receiving of information not gained through the recognized five physical senses, but rather is perceived with the mind.
People often ask me, “What can I do to increase my own psychic powers of ESP?” The simple answer to this is that like many of the other psychic senses, ESP strengthens and improves with practice. Just about anyone has the ability to develop their powers of ESP.
Have you ever watched TV game shows and correctly guessed what’s behind Door Number 3 a lot? Do you know what is going to happen in a television episode or book before the end? Have you thought of someone you haven’t heard from in years and then they email you out of the blue? These are just some simple examples of your innate ESP at work.
Are you ready to start boosting your powers of ESP? Awesome! The first step towards developing your ESP is a positive attitude toward the unknown. Having doubt, fear, anxiety, and a negative attitude towards the world of psychic phenomena tends to prevent our sensitivities from awakening and may even have the effect of closing them down in the long run. Having an “I can do it!” attitude is the best mindset to have when working on developing any psychic sense.
Ways to Increase Your Extra Sensory Perception
Meditation is the best way to expand our consciousness and allows us to be more in touch with our innermost selves on a deep level where the sixth sense can be tapped. Many understand that the practice of meditation can increase our intuitive awareness. Affirmations are also a great way to increase our psychic powers. Affirmations help us solidify our desires and can open the doorway to greater programmed experiences. One might think of affirmations as being a re-programming of the mind and energy field.
An example of an affirmation for developing your ESP might be, “I am now increasing my powers of extra-sensory perception and everyday my powers of extra-sensory perception grow stronger.” Do this daily for about 10 minutes a day for two weeks while simultaneously keeping in close touch with your sensing and feeling and see what changes. Getting in a routine for dally meditation and using affirmations can only benefit your life. So why don’t you give it a try for a month?
Prior to doing any tests, make sure you are relaxed, the atmosphere is quiet (no TV blaring in the other room, etc.). If you are working with a partner, make a pact to be non-judgmental and encouraging for each other.
A Word of Caution
Doing poorly in a test is normal at first. On the other hand, please do not go in with the attitude you are going to ‘ace’ tests every time. This is just not possible. And, do not become too quickly discouraged at results. Strengthening ESP takes time. However, unless you become a super star, you will most likely never score a 100% the majority of the time.
Effective Practice Tests
You will need a partner for this first test. Choose someone that has the same interest as you in furthering psychic abilities. Any doubt or sarcasm expressed or even felt around you will only cause you to freeze up and do miserably rather than realizing your full potential. Having a partner that is like-minded will cause you to feel expansive, comfortable, and safe. Thus, you should do much better in your ESP tests.
- Have a regular deck of playing cards.
- Have your partner thoroughly shuffle the deck and then place it in front of them cards face down.
- Taking the top card from the deck, your partner will focus on it and then ask you first if the card is a red or black suit. Then they will ask if the card is a numbered card or a royalty card including Aces. The final question might be what is the card they are gazing at? They can give you results after each card or keep track of hits or misses on a pad of paper.
When you have done several cards, you might trade off.
Believe it or not, you can also do this test by phone or via Skype. Psychic powers do not exist in space and time. Doing a test like this is almost like doing a remote viewing session.
Don’t Have a Partner?
If you do NOT have a partner, with paper and pencil handy, do this test for yourself. Shuffle and pick a card, either from the top of the deck or fan them out randomly and choose one but keep them face down. Place your non-dominant hand on the card, focus, and start asking yourself the same questions as above. Write down your impression. Place the “viewed” card aside but keep them in order.
This will take a little work but is a great test for building on your ESP skills. Get a set of colored felt pens from the dollar store in the kids section. Take some 3 x 5 blank index cards and make a generous scribble of a color on the blank side using the most commonly known colors of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, deep purple, and brown.
- Have a note pad by you and make a column numbering 1 – 7. Each test run through will require a new column of numbers.
- Shuffle and place the index cards face down. Start from the top and attempt to tune in with the color marked on that card. I often close my eyes with my mind blank and “see” what color pops in. Or, I might “feel” the color instead. Sometimes your clairsentience will kick in and you will actually feel what the color is. (If you get the same color twice when you know this is impossible, just write down your impression anyway.)
- Place that card aside face down keeping the order of the cards without mixing them up with the first try on the bottom. After going through all the cards, flip them over and check your guesses. Try not to peek at each card as you go through them. This will only contaminate the process and mix you up.
Strengthening your ESP can be tiring, so please don’t overdo it. Make sure you rest a bit in between tests. Doing some deep breathing will help clear your mind and relax your body.
If you do both these exercises at least three times a week for about ½ hour, I guarantee that your ESP powers will significantly improve.