Find Out What ESP Is and How to Develop It
How to develop your ESP holds some excellent tips for increasing your sixth sense abilities. Essentially, ESP is the receiving of information not obtained through the recognized five physical senses but instead perceived with the mind.
Extrasensory perception or ESP is considered one of our sixth senses. It’s also called second sight.
People often ask me, “What can I do to increase my psychic powers of ESP?” The simple answer to this is that like many of the other psychic senses, ESP strengthens and improves with practice. As a result, just about anyone can increase their powers of ESP.
Have you ever watched TV game shows and correctly guessed what’s behind Door Number 3 a lot? Do you know what is going to happen in a television episode or book before the end? Have you thought of someone you haven’t heard from in years and then they email you out of the blue? These are just some simple examples of your ESP at work.
Are you ready to start boosting your powers of ESP? Awesome! The first step toward developing your ESP is a positive attitude towards the unknown. Having doubts, fears, anxieties, and a negative attitude towards psychic phenomena tends to prevent our sensitivities from awakening. It may also have the effect of closing them down in the long run. Having an “I can do it!” attitude is the best mindset to have when working on developing any psychic sense.
Ways to Increase Your ESP
us to be more in touch with our innermost selves on a deep level. Also, meditation is how the sixth sense is accessed.
Many individuals understand that the practice of meditation can increase our intuitive awareness. Additionally, affirmations are also a great way to improve our psychic powers. One might think of affirmations as being a re-programming of the mind and energy field. Also, affirmational statements help us to solidify our desires and can open the doorway for greater opportunities.
So, an example of an affirmation for developing your ESP might be, “I am now increasing my powers of extra-sensory perception, and every day my powers of ESP grow stronger.”
Do this daily for two weeks about 10 minutes a day. Simultaneously, keep watch on your sensing and feeling. Particularly, notice any increase in picking up unusual insights or pieces of information.
Getting in a daily routine for doing meditation and using affirmations can only benefit your life. So why don’t you give it a try for a month?
Most importantly, before doing any practice, make sure that you’re thoroughly relaxed, and your surroundings are quiet. (No TV blaring in the other room, etc.). If you’re working with a partner, make a pact to be non-judgmental and encouraging for each other.
A Word of Caution
Doing poorly in a test is normal at first. On the other hand, please do not go in with the attitude you are going to ‘ace’ tests every time. This is just not possible. And, do not become too quickly discouraged at results. Strengthening ESP takes time. However, unless you become a super star, you will most likely never score a 100% the majority of the time.
Effective Practice Tests to Develop Your ESP
You will need a partner for this first test. Choose someone that has the same interest as you in furthering psychic abilities. Any doubt or sarcasm expressed or even felt around you will only cause you to freeze up and do miserably rather than realizing your full potential. Having a partner that is like-minded will cause you to feel expansive, comfortable, and safe. Thus, you should do much better in your ESP tests.
- Have a regular deck of playing cards.
- Have your partner thoroughly shuffle the deck and then place it in front of them cards face down.
- Taking the top card from the deck, your partner will focus on it and then ask you first if the card is a red or black suit. Then they will ask if the card is a numbered card or a royalty card including Aces. The final question might be what is the card they are gazing at? They can give you results after each card or keep track of hits or misses on a pad of paper.
When you have done several cards, you might trade off.
Believe it or not, you can also do this test by phone or via Skype. Psychic powers do not exist in space and time. Doing a test like this is almost like doing a remote viewing session.
Don’t Have a Partner?
If you do NOT have a partner, with paper and pencil handy, do this test for yourself. Shuffle and pick a card, either from the top of the deck or fan them out randomly and choose one but keep them face down. Place your non-dominant hand on the card, focus, and start asking yourself the same questions as above. Write down your impression. Place the “viewed” card aside but keep them in order.
This will take a little work but is a great test for building on your ESP skills. Get a set of color felt pens from the dollar store in the kids section. Take some 3 x 5 blank index cards and make a generous scribble of a color on the blank side using the most commonly known colors of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, deep purple, and brown.
- Have a note pad by you and make a column numbering 1 – 7. Each test run through will require a new column of numbers.
- Shuffle and place the index cards face down. Start from the top and attempt to tune in with the color marked on that card. I often close my eyes with my mind blank and “see” what color pops in. Or, I might “feel” the color instead. Sometimes your clairsentience will kick in and you will actually feel what the color is. (If you get the same color twice when you know this is impossible, just write down your impression anyway.)
- Place that card aside face down keeping the order of the cards without mixing them up with the first try on the bottom. After going through all the cards, flip them over and check your guesses. Try not to peek at each card as you go through them. This will only contaminate the process and mix you up.
Strengthening your ESP can be tiring, so please don’t overdo it. Make sure you rest in between tests. Doing some deep breathing will help clear your mind and relax your body.
If you do both these exercises at least three times a week for about a ½ hour, I guarantee that your ESP powers will significantly improve.