11 Nov Ghost Attack
When Ghosts Attack
I ‘ve read that ghosts cannot harm the living. Yet numerous documented cases have demonstrated otherwise. I am fortunate. I have never experienced a ghost attack – even during and after my paranormal investigations. But for those that have experienced an attack, strangely enough, it often happens to those who emphatically never believed in ghosts until they encountered one. This is not meant to imply that if you don’t believe in spirits or ghosts you will surely be targeted. It’s merely an observation I’ve made over time.
Most Ghosts Aren’t Harmful but a Small Percentage Can Be
What is it the ghost gains by attempting to frighten or harm the living? There are several possible reasons why a nasty ghost (negative entity) might attack an individual or even a family unit. The following explains a few main reasons why a ghost will attempt to attack the living, what to look out for, and how to protect yourself and/or your family from a mean vengeful spirit. First, let’s look at the two most common types of hauntings:
1) A residual haunting where the spirit is not aware but is actually a replay of a past event. These are not spirits but a kind of energy that may have attached to the property in the form of pictures, smells, or sounds.
2) A haunting by an intelligent spirit. This type of ghost is usually aware and may or may not have a malicious agenda against the living. These are the ones that could attack.
Reasons a Ghost Might Attack the Living
- A spirit may fear they are in danger of being found out and being expelled from a location
- A spirit may feel as though they are in a dream and lashes out at the living like a blind person
- A spirit thinks their old home has been invaded by strangers
- A spirit is strongly opposed to any renovations in a house or location they once owned
- A spirit is angry, bitter, and may have feelings of hatred towards the living
- A spirit wants to seek revenge for a wrong-doing experienced in life
- A spirit wants to seek control of a person and might attach to them
- Any other reason a ghost might be angry enough to attempt to harm the living
Symptoms of a Ghost Attack
- Scratches and burning sensations happening while either asleep or awake.
- Feelings of nausea
- Feeling light-headed or dizzy
- Sensations of not being able to breath
- Feelings of strangulation
- A sense of prolonged danger or menace
- Being pushed or tripped when no one is close by
- Pets and other animals, e.g., horses seem to appear frightened, restless, drained, or ill
- Slapping or hitting by invisible forces
- In cases a poltergeist activity; objects being thrown
Who Might be Susceptible
- Before an investigation, a paranormal investigator did not perform proper protection
- Those heavily addicted to drugs or alcohol
- Those in long-term stress, grief, or illness
- Crying for help from any spiritual source but not confining it to higher beings
- Sometimes children that have inadvertently formed an attachment to a ghost
- Someone who deals with deep depression and often has suicidal thoughts
- Someone who dabbles in the dark arts but does not know how to protect
- Untrained persons that attempt ghost contact without knowing what they are doing
- Those who feel like victims of the world and are often subservient to others
- To stop the attempts of a person engaged in growing or spreading Spirituality
The First Steps Towards Releasing a Troublesome Spirit:
What kind of spiritual armor can an individual or group adopt to clear an oppressive and mean spirit? If a person assumes and maintains a higher spiritual attitude, their defense against ghost attacks is stronger as a result of:
- Letting the ghost know they are not afraid of it
- Understanding they are stronger than the ghost and can neutralize the activity
- Reclaiming their own power in strong verbal terms
- Calling on higher power protection from divine sources
What can be done in most locations to start lifting the energy?
- Clear out closets, get rid of clutter, and keep a home or location fairly clean
- Keep fresh flowers in the home as much as possible
- Burn white or gold candles in several rooms (out of the reach of children)
- Keep the home devoid of any objects associated with dark things religious or otherwise
- Bring as much light as possible into the home
Many people will cringe at the idea of prayer and religion and yet, in times of stress and attack from darker forces, I have seen many turn to prayer that never had before. The following is a prayer that I say with all my being in dicey situations even though I am not Catholic. I do, however, have a strong connection with Archangel Michael.
“Holy Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do you, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who wander through the world seeking the ruin of souls.