Are You Getting Authentic Messages from Spirits?
Or Simply Mind Chatter?
Students often ask, “How can I tell the difference between true spirit messages coming to me and my own imagination?” Let’s talk about this.
Discerning True from False Messages from Spirits
When we are awake, our mind is busy all the time. It’s planning, tasking, and problem-solving. It also allows us to daydream and even imagine our dreams and wishes being fulfilled. We frequently see these thoughts in picture form. For example, you are thinking of buying a new couch and imagine in your mind what it will look like. Maybe you are daydreaming about getting away for a weekend fishing trip. We are creating in our mind all the time!
Some of these Pictures Come from Helpful Spirits
Spirits reside in a dimension called the Astral Plane—or as some call it, the Spirit Plane. Many of our intuitive thoughts and pictures come to us directly from this plane. Although there are many levels in this plane, helpful spirit guides reside in its mid to higher frequencies. Angels, Ascended Masters, and Avatars are ensconced in even higher frequency bands. These realms do exist and can provide us with guidance and answers to what we would like to know. Moreover, higher beings communicate to us through our psychic faculty called, Clairvoyance.
Clairvoyance happens in our mind’s eye which some call the Third Eye. Furthermore, our natural faculty of Clairvoyance is where relevant images come to us from the spirit world. Through this imaging faculty, we can begin to practice asking for and receiving pictorial answers.
So, how can we tell the difference between our wishful thinking to spirit messages actually coming from the spirit realm? Admittedly, it takes some practice.
Try a Fun Exercise Right Now
The following technique is helpful in increasing the power and clarity of clairvoyance.
- Envision a river. See its waters moving rapidly.
- Notice the details of the river. Imagine the color of the water, any boulders poking up, or small whirlpools.
- Now. imagine little side pools filled with fish serenely swimming.
- In addition to this, imagine the landscape on either side of the river.
- Finally, see the river flowing towards an infinite distance.
- Now, let this imagery fade away. Practice doing this a couple of times. You’ll discover that it’s an excellent technique for starting the flow of Clairvoyance and strengthening the Third Eye.
- Furthermore, it will help in discerning true from false spirit messages.
Keep track of your result in a particular journal. Or, place text in a confidential computer document. Always include the date. This method is excellent for looking back at what you’ve received over time. Some pieces of information will make sense later.
With a little practice, you’ll soon know when spirit messages are real or merely your imagination. However, the process takes time and requires patience. Working on your skills with the exercise provided, communications that are confusing will soon become clear and intelligible.