There are many individuals like myself who are ultra sensitive. Not only do we have a tendency to display deep emotions, but physically get run down. I am powerfully clairsentient and empathic. If I don’t mange this, I could fall into the trap of other people’s problems and take them on. Or I might feel their physical pain and get run down. Some clairsentient traits can lead to co-dependency if not carefully monitored.
Clairsentients often try and fix other people’s lives while often ignoring their own needs. Having deep psychic clairsentient feelings might lead a super sensitive person to dwell on the negative and constantly try to fix the world. There is nothing wrong with contributing to a better world as long as it does not lead to ignoring the needs of one’s self. I got over trying to do this very thing long ago.
I am also very clairvoyant and often see images and moving pictures which flow through my mind for no apparent reason. When something weird comes in that I can’t account for, I might say to myself, “What the heck was that all about!” One time I saw a picture of a freight train in my mind quite clearly. I had no idea why it came in. The next day, I was at a railroad crossing and saw someone’s car stuck on the tracks–with a train coming! With the help of others, we moved the car off the tracks in time. It was just like in the movies and a very scary thing to witness in real life.
I have always been ultra sensitive to harsh light, smells, and colors. I am not a fan of the primary colors of yellow, red, and blue although I can see these colors clearly when doing aura readings. I am not saying these colors are bad, I am saying in large doses, they can be difficult for me to view. The smell of someone eating a fully packed hamburger or pizza makes me ill, although I love to eat them myself. So, I try and keep the house clear of potent smells and use homemade lavender air freshener. I listen to calming music and don’t watch the news too often. When I do, I focus on the good and try to filter out the media’s propensity to offer up anything and everything negative. Yes, in our world, bad things happen every day. I just don’t dwell on them. However, if something happens that is tragic or involves loss of life, I send out prayers to those who are suffering. Or, I’ll send donations if it was something like Katrina or Hurricane Sandy. I also volunteer my time. I occasionally help out at a local food bank.
Being in crowded places such as a big store or a football arena can be difficult for me. I have to rely on my “protection devices” and not let negative thought forms of others invade my space. On an auditory level, I sometimes feel as though I am listening to several radio stations simultaneously. I have to really watch my thoughts and stay in what I call, “My sacred state of mind.” Because my guides are often speaking to me or wandering spirits are trying to get through, I have to really filter a lot out and keep only the relevant bits I am hearing. It’s taken a lot of years for me to master the techniques I use. I also use prayer a lot. Sometimes, very short ones!
Today, I am convinced lot of my super sensitive attributes stem from a difficult childhood. My father, although I adored him, was a “rager”. He drank heavily and when he did, his temper would explode over the smallest thing. We were constantly walking on eggs around him and fearful of that mighty temper. I have to say he never once struck us, but the verbal abuse was excessive. I have heard it said that verbal abuse can actually be worse than physical abuse over a long duration. I truly believe that individuals who have gone through the same or similar kinds of childhood will become hyper vigilant throughout life. It’s as though we are on high alert at all times. Thus, all the senses, including the sixth senses, are heightened to the extreme.
Super sensitive people make very good psychics and mediums. This is not to say that all individuals who are psychic always have to be very excessively sensitive. There are many psychics who did not experience a traumatic childhood or went through horrific events. They have the ability and that’s that.
How might one display psychic abilities? The answer lies in the “clairs”– the psychic centers. The psychic centers are largely made up of the chakras contained within the energy field of each individual. Some people are born with these centers very open and can be considered very psychic.
The “clairs” listed below, are commonly referred to as our sixth senses (above and beyond our normal 5 senses). Clairsentience and clairvoyance are the most often experienced sixth senses. The other “clairs” follow. People who are deeply sensitive often have these sixth senses increased to supra levels.
- Clairsentience or Empathic: Often the most difficult to deal with as one might experience the same thoughts, emotions, or physical sensation as those around us. This can be used for the greater good as a psychic, medium, or healer or, work against an individual if not properly managed.
- Clairsentience through Touch: Touch is a very powerful sense. When we touch something, it could let loose an immediate flow of psychic impressions. These impressions could be images flooding in or even feelings of distaste. Or, a wonderful peacefulness without really knowing why. We all experience these kinds of impressions, but sensitive people feel them in a more powerful way. Psychics commonly use this heightened ability doing readings with what is called psychometry. Psychometry is the holding of an object and getting pieces of information from it that others usually do not.
- Clairvoyance: Is the ability to see images and symbols in the mind’s eye. Some actually see visions like moving pictures. Often occurrences of this kind come out of the blue. We call this, involuntary clairvoyance. I believe the gift of clairvoyance is the universes way of helping us on a very high level if we pay attention to what we are “seeing” and learn to interpret the signs correctly.
- Clairaudience: Hearing thoughts or music being in the mind or actually hearing sounds others cannot. Everyone has self talk. However, people with clairaudience might be able to hear spirits speak, their spirit guides talking to them or music and other unexplainable sounds only they can hear.
- Claircognizance: Very much akin to intuition, claircognizance is the gift of knowing. You know something, but evidence at hand might point to something else entirely. Sometimes claircognizance is referred to as “a gut feeling”.
A super sensitive person might experience many psychic attributes like:
- A keen sense of knowing like knowing when something is about to happen.
- Knowing what others are thinking.
- Making a decision which is instinctive or based on a gut feeling.
- Feeling uneasy or sensing when danger is close by.
- Dreams of events which come to pass.
- Constantly seeing images in the head which have no relative meaning to what is going on at the time.
- Knowing when someone close is in danger or someone close is about to cross over.
- Occasional visions when talking to someone. (Once when I was conversing with my daughter, I had a flashback to a scene in ancient Egypt. For a split second, it was like I was really there!)
- Being able to tell the difference between someone is telling you the truth, is hiding something, or is actually being disingenuous or lying.
- And the list goes on…
What are the different ways people experience supersensitive traits or might try and deal with them?
- Having excessive bad dreams and nightmares at least once or twice a week.
- Feeling scattered and not fully present in the moment.
- Being told you’re over imaginative and feel shame because of it.
- Feeling a constant drain of energy or life is out of control.
- Thinking you are crazy because of all the weird happenings in your life.
- Avoiding people and groups for fear of ridicule.
- Not talking about psychic experiences fear of ridicule.
- Letting others control and run your life because you feel that you can’t.
- The inability to say NO for fear of hurting someone else’s feelings while completely ignoring your own.
- Overly concerned with what other people think of you or being easily offended.
- Having low self esteem because you feel you are inadequate in some way.
- Drinking or drugging to overcome feelings of inadequacy.
- Feeling a continuous great sadness because of the state of the world.
- You might get easily hurt or carry resentments for a long time.
- Staying at home rather than going out in the world and living a rich life. ISOLATION!
- Having trouble maintaining love relationships and eventually giving up on love entirely.
- An overload of voices or conversations in the head which has not been diagnosed as schizophrenia. Going or being sent to lots of psychiatrists.
- Avoiding family members because you don’t want to deal with their complaints or sarcastic comments about your sensitiveness.
- And the list goes on…
When one is super sensitive, it’s not surprising that some try to deaden the pain of living life by the use of mood altering substances. I have done a lot of observing and reading about psychic people. One common thread I see in many is a pattern of traumatic or abusive childhoods which might cause a proclivity towards drinking excessively. Many psychics in the public eye have been quite candid in their biographies or books sharing the fact they suffered from an addiction at one time. Some were, or still are, heavy smokers. I applaud the honesty of those in the public eye who have shared their addiction stories. It really helps others to understand themselves better and know they are not the only ones trying to cope with life through mood altering substances. The good news is there are many avenues of help available.
I believe people who are very sensitive might have overly open chakras (our energy wheels of life). Somewhere along the line, they lost the ability to stay in a balanced state of being. Thus, their energy centers suffered. There seems to be a lack of boundaries, a sense of feeling victimized, or they might feel a constant state of vulnerability. These issues may even have stemmed from past lifetimes.
What about the Youngsters?
Kids who displayed unusual psychic abilities at a young age, might have had to deal with the skepticism and harsh punishment meted out for mentioning spirits they were seeing, or telling parents someone in the family was about to die. In the U.S. especially, previous generations did not take kindly to this kind of information delivered up by a child. Kids are very sensitive to what others think. I have heard of some cases, that fearing for their child’s sanity, the parents sent them to psychiatrists and in one case, a priest to have “demons” cast out. Of course, this leaves a very lasting negative impression on the child which is hard to overcome even as an adult. There always seems to be some shaming little voice in the back of their minds telling them they are evil or deficient in some way. Sadly, this is still going on today.
What Can One Do?
For those of you feeling an overload on your psychic senses, do a daily cleansing of your aura and keep it protected. (Building your Protection Bubble is on Imagine Spirit’s website: www.imaginespirit.com/my_videos.html.) It is also vitally important to keep things in perspective and to stay detached. This doesn’t mean you don’t care. It just means you are not taking things too deeply to heart. Yes, there are tragic circumstances and events that do happen which require us to feel on a deep level, but one should not feel this way over little things. We are not God and are not expected to carry heavy burdens of others’ tragedies. We can only display compassion and understanding without assuming the emotions of those affected. When you are encountering a very dicey situation, say a prayer and flush excessive bad feelings or negative thought forms which become negative energy in your body, down into the earth and ask the earth to transform it “harming none”. The earth will know what to do with toxic stuff. Does this all sound woo woo? Maybe. But it works!
If you have a child who is super sensitive, try to be very aware of their special needs. Listen to what they have to say and try not to get alarmed if it seems really out there. Children sense and see things adults do not. Instead of being reprimanded, they require patience and encouragement. If you think your child is very psychic, or your child sees spirits, seek out help. There is even a show about this on television called, “Psychic Children”.
Personally, I take a daily look at what’s bothering me and try and determine if there is something I can do about it. I also clairvoyantly scan my aura to see if any unwanted dark spots or streaks of muddy color have invaded it. Then I go about clearing these out. I stay on top of it until I know my aura is clean. Then I bring in brilliant white and gold light for protection and strengthen the energy field around me making sure the outer perimeters are strong.
Keeping a strong spiritual or religious life is very important. If one does not have some kind of support, there’s a tendency to feel alone and isolated. Whether you have a church you belong to or have strong spiritual beliefs, staying connected to like-minded people is the key to help you to continue on. Make sure you have someone to talk to who understands what is going on in your life and I don’t mean always dumping your problems on friends and co-workers. What I suggest is keeping a trusted therapist or clergy person (who hopefully does not condemn psychic beliefs) available for detoxifying. There are even groups on-line that have forums for sensitive and psychic people. Be careful you do not share very personal information with anyone you don’t know. Some groups are excellent and some not so good. Test a group first before becoming highly involved with it.
Do some deep breathing every day, and try to meditate at least 15 minutes to clear out psychic debris. Getting a healing or energy balancing session is a very good way to get back into emotional and spiritual robustness. Finding a good healer is important. They can assess your energy field and help you fix what is blocked and remove negative energy, negative thought forms of others that have become stuck in your field, and move the energy out which is not serving you.
For professional psychics, mediums, and healers, the same advice applies. Too often I have seen psychic acquaintances become very ill because they don’t release energy from other people’s problems after a reading. And, it can happen to any of us in the profession.
Writing in a journal really helps. I always pound into my students the importance of keep a log of not only emotional or daily events, but paranormal happenings as well. One does not have to write a novel on a daily basis. Just a few sentences are sufficient. Also, I like to date it and note the phase of the moon. I also pay attention to any eclipses which may have recently occurred. Over time, a pattern will emerge and you might glean a better understanding of what is actually happening in your life and why.
If you think you might be super sensitive, please don’t be ashamed about it. Super sensitive people often become the great healers and helpers on the planet. If you feel this condition is harming your life, turn it around in something positive. “Make lemonade from lemons.”, you will often hear me say. J